Friday, October 16, 2009

Bring it on!

That's right. I can do this shit. Bring it.

Thanks so much for your supportive and encouraging comments and emails and phone calls that reinforce the notion that I will be able to pull this off. It's definitely not going to be easy but nothing that's worth anything ever comes easy. I, of all people, know that well.

I'm happy and excited for Ruby that she gets to grow up with a sibling. After all, that is what we had hoped for (we just never thought it would ever happen since I had vowed to never do IVF again).

Also, there will now be enough of us in this family to play card games on future Friday nights when we're too broke to leave the house.


Of note:

We ended up going to my BIL and SIL's last night instead of tonight. It was fine. I was given a beer and I had a sip or two from it and then when nobody was looking I had Steve slug it back. Ruby was a great diversion so nobody really noticed anything.

~~~

Our families are getting together for dinner tomorrow night. We're thinking of telling them then. We really need support and encouragement right now, and we're feeling kind of alone in the world with this secret. Besides, if *God forbid* anything go wrong with this pregnancy, we would need their support and would tell them then. So it might help us to tell them now. (Also then I wouldn't have to worry about fake-drinking beer.) I'm still really scared to tell anyone, even family, but I think it might be for the best. I'm still thinking this one through.

~~~

(Originally the title had 4 or 5 exclamation points but I scaled it back to one. Let's not get too carried away.)

8 comments:

annacyclopedia said...

So good, Tara. So damn good to hear.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm adding them back in because you can totally rock it, not matter what happens.

Somewhat Ordinary said...

I know you can do it! I'm glad you are starting to get use to the idea!!!

JustAnotherJenny said...

I'm knew to your blog. Hi!

A friend of mine had 3 kids via IVF. She and her husband both had issues that contributed to their fertilty problems. The doctors told them it was virtually impossible to conceive without assistance.

She has four kids now and she refers to her only daughter as her "love child". :)

You can do it! And you'll be great!

Spacey said...

You can definitely do it!!
I hope you have a wonderful evening tonight.

Aurelia said...

This will work out, somehow, someway, and I'm glad you have calmed down and now--just keep on going. It will work out.

Eden Riley said...

TaaaaaaaRAAAAAAAAAAA

Holy shit mate, this is AWESOME NEWS. I'm so so happy for you. I promise you will iron out the wrinkles (maternity leave, tenants, meh) .... MATE!!!!!!

Good luck for your beta, I can really relate to your anxiety and worry, so I hope it all goes really well. Boring, in fact. So boring that you're like, man, life is SO BORING RIGHT NOW.

Wow. Sorry, I'm rambling.

I'm rambling ... and your PREGNANT.

XOXOXOXOXOXOXO

Anonymous said...

You can do this, I know you can!! You are one tough chick, that's for damn sure.

Steve's 1% must be Michael-freakin'-Phelps! ;)

Ruby's gonna be a great big sister!

Emily said...

So happy you have this attitude! You CAN do this. I know you can!

noswimmwers is right, Ruby is going to be a great big sister!