Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Not off to a good start

Daycare was a bust. Ruby cried all day and refused to nap and therefore prevented the other kids from napping. She clung to the daycare lady all day and hung from her pant leg when she wasn't being carried. This is so out of character for my girl - she's so independent. Breaks my heart.

I got yelled at at work yesterday. Yes, because apparently I am five years old. My boss was helping me figure out which printer was which and when I realized that I sent my print jobs to the broken printer, I went to clean out that print queue and she yelled at me and flipped out thinking I might delete some important print job of hers. Except I don't have her print jobs in my print queue - and each job is clearly labeled with my name and the time that I sent the print job to the printer. Then she felt dumb and stomped out of my office.

I don't have a lunch today because I didn't have the fucking energy to do fuck all when I finally got home last night. Guess I'm buying lunch today. And maybe a cup of coffee while I'm at it... the coffee tastes like it is directly filtered in from the sewage treatment plant that is just down the street from my new office. The air is lovely here...

Today has to be better. It has to be...

3 comments:

annacyclopedia said...

Oh, Tara. That sounds so rough! Daycare adn going back to work is such a huge transition and really one of the hardest, I think. Sending you a big hug and hoping today is a lot better.

Me said...

That sucks! Don't worry too much cause it will take about 6 weeks for everything to settle into place. Ruby will be fine so don't stress about that. Keep your chin up!

The_EmilyB said...

Oh honey that sounds so shitty. Do you still miss work now? I hope, hope, hope it all gets better for you and Ruby!