Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Better

When I picked Ruby up from daycare yesterday I was told that she had a good day and that she’s a good girl. And that perhaps the operator of the previous daycare should rethink her profession.

Ruby napped, she laughed, she smiled, she danced. She did not cry for more than a few minutes in the morning after I left because she was given a bit of TLC to comfort her and make her feel loved and cared for.

I cannot tell you the huge sense of relief I felt upon hearing those words.

This officially confirms it – I am not the mother of a closet daycare demon, just a little girl who gets a little bit nervous when her mom leaves her with someone new in a unfamiliar place. And I'm pretty sure that’s fairly standard for a one year old.

As a result, today I didn’t cry at my desk for 3 hours in the morning. My shoulders do not ache. My head does not feel like it might explode. My eyes are not nearly swelled shut. My heart doesn’t feel like it has been ripped from my chest. I haven’t even contemplated telling my boss how I really feel about this job and just what she can do with it.

Today feels better.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank God Tara
I am so happy and relieved for you and Ruby. Now I hope you can find somewhere to put a negative report on that bitch who should NOT be in that business and looking after little innocents. This proves what I already know... little children are so perceptive
Love ya
Corney

Serenity said...

Thrilled to hear this. For both you AND Ruby.

xxx

Emily said...

This is good news. It will only get better from here. Before you know it, Ruby will love daycare and you'll have to drag her out of there!

Somewhat Ordinary said...

I had a feeling that woman was just a mean, crazy bitch! Things will likely feel much smoother for you now and I'm so glad to hear this!

annacyclopedia said...

So glad and relieved for you and for Ruby. May it just keep getting better and better.

Hey, did I already tell you I'm going to be out there for most of February? Pencil me in, will ya? I'm dying to see you and Ruby again!

Alicia said...

Yay!

JJ said...

Im so, so glad it is going better at the new place--Ive been thinking about you both!