Monday, June 7, 2010

Reality

I now have TWO carseats in the back seat of my STATION WAGON.

I have been waiting for the fact that I am going to have TWO children (18 months apart) to sink in. Somehow being one week away from my due date and feeling like I am walking around with a full keg of beer somehow sitting just under the skin of my stomach hasn't quite made it real enough for me.

But the few minutes that I just spent standing, staring at the back seat of my car looking at two carseats and imagining what it's going to be like when they're occupied... I think that may have done it as far as reality goes.

1 comment:

annacyclopedia said...

Whoa. That's some pretty intense reality you're staring down in the backseat.

It will probably be crazy at first but then it will be awesome. At least that's what I think. I know some friends have said that going from one kid to two is a really big transition - as big as from none to one. But that after the dust settles, you can't imagine life any other way.

Thinking of you lots these days and wishing you all good things.