Thursday, September 30, 2010

The supportive wife

Steve's vasectomy is today. He's nervous. I suppose I would be too if I were a man and had never been through 2 IVFs, two difficult pregnancies and had delivered two babies within 18 months - neither with any pain medication. Poor bastard has had it too easy, no wonder he's afraid of a little nip in the nuts.

But I, being the supportive wife that I am, went out and bought all the supplies that the doctor required he have pre-procedure (it's a "procedure" nowadays, not a "surgery". It takes 15 minutes and there is no scalpel involved).

I happily went to Walmart and picked up the extra strength Tylenol, extra strength Ibuprofen, antibiotic cream, gauze and gel packs.

He also needed a pair of snug fitting undies and an "athletic support" which he is to wear over the undies when he goes for the procedure.

When I got home and realized I had bought the jock in youth sized xs, I had myself a good laugh. Steve didn't think it was funny. Nor did he laugh when I suggested that maybe that might be the size he will need AFTER the procedure.

I have since returned the jock for the right size - Mens XL (wink wink, nudge nudge). Ruby proudly rode around in the cart at Walmart holding it up for everyone to see while yelling, "Daddy GOCK! Daddy GOCK!". We're so charming.

Anyways, in an effort to be as supportive and caring and helpful as possible during this somewhat scary time for my husband, I went through his supplies and laid some of them out for him last night. In the kitchen... on the chopping block...

And he's still not laughing.

7 comments:

Femme au Foyer said...

Well I am! You're too funny!

Candi said...

you are EVIL!! (I'm totally laughing!)

Me said...

Pissing my pants laughing!

Emily said...

Oh my friggin gawd.

That is AWESOME.

Alicia said...

I'm snickering. A lot.

Hopeful Mother said...

But I'm laughing! And now you're "Even Steven." Pun intended.

nancy said...

Ha! That picture made me laugh aloud sitting here by myself in the living room. The cats looked up at me as if I was crazy.

My husband refused to get a vasectomy, instead, I had ANOTHER procedure to my lady parts to get my tubes blocked. Ass. Boys just have it so damned easy.